About the Library and Information Service
Leading in NHS information service delivery, we will help to improve patient care by enabling and transforming the way professionals use evidence-based information.
Our services include:
- Teaching information skills via group sessions, one-to-ones and WebEx
- Expertise from trained, knowledgeable staff
- Library resources guides (contact us for alternative formats, e.g. large print)
- A regularly updated website available from work and home
- Quiet study spaces and informal group study areas
- Access to clinical journals, about 4,500 print texts and 1,200 ebooks
- IT facilities with Internet access and Microsoft Office
- Printing and scanning facilities
- Outreach Library
We aim to provide a service which is accessible to all eligible staff and students on placement.
All of our leaflets and guides can be provided in a range of formats, on request, to suit individual needs. We also have a range of transparent coloured overlays and reading rulers which have been shown to make reading easier for some people by increasing fluency and/or reducing eye strain, fatigue and headaches.
To change the text size of this website (when using Internet Explorer) please select the 'page' option in the browser toolbar and then use 'zoom' or 'text size' to modify how the page displays on your computer.
Please let a member of the Library and Information Service team know if you require any assistance when using the Library.
Your library and information service team are:
Catherine Micklethwaite, Lucy Farnsworth, Tim Worth and Alice Sayles.
The Library and Information Service is staffed between 8.30am to 5.00pm, Monday - Friday. Out of hours access is available to registered NHS staff. Contact the Library and Information Service staff for details.
The Library and Information Service is located on the main hospital site in Torbay. We are between the Horizon Centre and TREC. Click here for map.