Effective Searching Tips
Searching for information can be time consuming and daunting. The links on the left will help you search for information more effectively.
Remember - you need to choose the right source to start searching:
- If you are searching for clinical information start by searching the Knowledge and Library Hub. If more in-depth searching is required try databases, such as Medline or the Cochrane Library, for studies and reviews.
- If you are searching for information held by an organisation, search the Internet for the organisation and then browse through their website.
The Library and Information Service staff can support you by:
- Providing courses, guides and tutorials.
- Providing access to a range of databases including the Knowledge and Library Hub, Medline, Cinahl, Cochrane and Clinical Knowledge Summaries.
- Providing access to a wide range of paper based and electronic information.
Tel: 01803 656700 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org